Sharda Lochan
English Composition
9/6/09
It seemed like it would be a nice day when I woke up that morning for school. It was the middle of spring and the sunlight shining through my windows onto my bed told me it was time to get up. I was halfway through the second semester of my senior year of high school and I knew it was just going to be another typical day of classes. I had about half an hour everday to get ready for school before my mom or dad would drop me to school. As tired as I always felt every morning, I knew I had to hurry myself up if I didn't want to be late. There was only one problem. I felt sick, really sick.
I had felt fine the night before but as soon as I woke up that morning I felt nauseous and my stomach hurt but I didn't know why. Either I had eaten something bad or I just was really hungry. I told my mom that there was no way I could go to school but she told me to go eat breakfast and that maybe I would feel better. Ofcourse my mom wanted me to go to school since it wouldn't be the first time I went to school not feeling that great. I still felt nauseous when I hurried to make myself some toast bread and hot tea. After eating and drinking my oversized cup of hot tea, I felt alot better. The nauseated feeling was gone and I still had 30 minutes before school started but I thought to myself that it wouldn't hurt to miss a day.
My mom had asked me if my stomach was feeling better. It was feeling perfectly fine but ofcourse I said that I still felt bad and that maybe I needed some rest. My mom was in a hurry since she had to drop my brother to school so she said okay and that I should take some medicine and get some sleep. I didn't feel too bad about missing a day of classes since knew I wasn't missing anything I couldn't catch up on. I went straight back to bed since I definitely was still tired and I slept until noon. The time at home went by so much faster than my day of classes would have. I knew missing classes was wrong but knowing I got an extra day of much needed sleep without missing much work seemed like a good tradeoff.
Some of the way your sentences were written confused me.
ReplyDeleteYou had alot of god discription. You described the way you wake up every day really well.
ReplyDelete