Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Academic Service Learning 2

I did my next 2 hours of service on November 17th. It was a Tuesday which has to be the most crowded day if you want to tutor. We had about 12 or 13 tutors that day. We were going to St. John's Baptist school but instead of 2nd graders we were going to tutor 8th graders. My brother is a 8th grader so I thought that this shouldn't be too difficult. Another girl and I worked with 2 boys. They were working on their thanksgiving prayers. They didn't have any other homework to do so they were mostly drawing and coloring for their prayer. It was interesting that one of boys had just got 100 on his science test that they just took while the other just failed it. He said that it didn't matter. We didn't really do much since they said that they didn't have any homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment